Many Gamers are facing an error saying “Unable to Connect to EA servers” when they try to play a game like Battlefield 2042. EA Server is an application server developed to support applications with high intensity of traffic, dynamic content like video games, and intensive processing of online transactions. The server is designed to run applications that require speed and accuracy efficiently. EA server clients have complained about the ‘Unable to connect to EA server’ message appearing on their screens for quite some time.
There is no specific reason why this issue appears on the screen. There can be many reasons for it. This article discusses all the causes and the possible solution that the player can work on to solve this connectivity issue.
- 1 Reasons: Unable to Connect to EA Servers
- 2 Fixes: Unable to Connect to EA Servers
Reasons: Unable to Connect to EA Servers
Let’s see what all can be the reasons behind the ‘Unable to connect to EA server’ message appearing on the users’ screens.
|Reasons: Unable to Connect to EA Servers|
|EA Server Down or Under maintenance|
|Game not Supported by EA Server|
Weak or Poor internet connection is the most common problem that causes most issues during video games. A weak internet connection can cause the problem of server connectivity too. So make sure your internet connection is fully functional, and if not, check the router or other wired and wireless connections.
EA Server Down or Under maintenance
This can be another valid reason for the “Unable to Connect to EA servers” error. The server might become overloaded, outage, or have gone for maintenance. In this case, you can’t do much until the EA server is restored from the origin. Usually, the information of server down or server went for maintenance is tweeted by the EA server Twitter handle. But still, if you’re struggling to find the status of the server, then follow the given steps to check the status:
- Step 1: Go to the EA player community at Answer HQ.
- Step 2: Then go to the games menu on the top of the page.
- Step 3: Type the name of the game on the search bar.
- Step 4: Click on the name of the game that appears in the list.
- Step 5: Then on the top right corner of the page, you’ll see the server status icon.
- Step 6: If the icon appears green, it means the server is working. If it appears red, it means that there is a problem in the server from the origin’s end.
Players often ignore the update notifications because it takes time to download updates, and the players don’t want to disturb the flow of their gameplay. This results in several updates piling up to download, making it almost outdated. The outdated games often cause connectivity issues. So make sure that you have the latest version of the game with its latest updates.
Game not Supported by EA Server
You might face an “Unable to Connect to EA servers” error when EA does not support your game. There are certain old games that are passed out by EA servers. They are no longer available on the server. In this case, you either have to let go of the game or get another server that supports the game.
Fixes: Unable to Connect to EA Servers
After discussing the reasons behind ‘Unable to connect to EA server,’ let’s look at the solutions to solve the problem.
|Fixes: Unable to Connect to EA Servers|
|Fix 1: Check Internet Connection|
|Fix 2: Check EA Server Status|
|Fix 3: Restart the Game|
|Fix 4: Update Game|
|Fix 5: Restart System|
|Fix 6: Disable Firewall Settings|
|Fix 7: Network Reset|
Check Internet Connection
This is the first thing that can be done to solve the connectivity problem in EA servers. Sometimes the wireless connection may not connect, so try changing it by connecting it to the router. But if you only have a wireless connection, change it to a stronger wireless channel.
Check EA Server Status
The connectivity issues that occur on EA can be possible because of problems in the EA server itself. This can be server overload, outage, or maintenance problems. If the server is done, you can do nothing to fix the problem. You’ll have to wait until EA fixes the seer issue.
Restart the Game
If the EA server’s connectivity has not been established, then close the game and switch off the system. Wait for a few minutes and then restart the game on the system. This is another effective way of restoring the connection between the EA server and the game on your system.
The ignored update notifications often cause “Unable to Connect to EA servers” issue. To fix this issue, click on the pending updates and set them to download. Make sure all the updates are completely downloaded. The incomplete updates create corrupt files and further create more game problems.
Restarting the system is the best thing that can be done to solve such a problem. When you restart the system, it gives RAM the time to get rid of temporary files and re-establish the connection. If you’re playing on your PC, then follow these steps to restart.
- Step 1: Click on the Start icon on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Step 2: Then click on power and then on Restart.
- Step 3: Wait until the PC restart.
Disable Firewall Settings
Sometimes the Firewall or the antivirus installed in your PC creates the problem of connectivity. Although disabling them is not the best idea, it can be done if no other method is working. Follow these steps to disable firewall settings:
- Step 1: Press Windows key and S together and then type Firewall.
- Step 2: From the options that appear, click on Window Defender Firewall.
- Step 3: Then click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Step 4: Then select Turn off Windows Firewall for both Private and Public connection and click on OK.
The steps given below can be followed to repair network settings.
- Step 1: Press Windows key and S together and then type Troubleshoot. Select the troubleshoot settings.
- Step 2: Then click on Additional troubleshooters.
- Step 3: Then under Internet Connections, click on Run the troubleshooter. Check if the problem of connectivity to EA persists.
So this is all about How to fix the “Unable to Connect to EA servers” issue. We hope the above fixes worked for you. If you have any queries or any suggestions then comment in the comment section and stay connected with us for more guides.