Are you in the habit of capturing the moment you think is the best or sometimes just taking the screenshot while playing? But wondering where are steam screenshots folder location in windows & macOS. If you are unable to find the Steam Screenshots that you have taken while playing games, then this article will guide you on how to find Steam Screenshots. Further, you will also know How to Take Steam Screenshots while Gaming.
- 1 How to Take Steam Screenshots while Gaming
- 2 How to Access Steam Screenshots Folder
- 3 How to Change Default Steam Screenshots Folder
How to Take Steam Screenshots while Gaming
If you play games on Steam and want to share the score or move in any game or at any moment, you can take a screenshot of that and simply share it with your friends. The Steam App has provided an in-built feature of taking screenshots while playing a game. For that, you just need to press F12 while playing a game, and it will save on your current in-game screen. The best thing is that you don’t need to leave your game for saving a screenshot; it will save automatically. You can use these screenshots for promotional content or simply showcase them on social media or in your profile.
How to Access Steam Screenshots Folder
If you have taken screenshots, then you can access them in Steam Screenshots Folder. You just need to go to the Steam Screenshots folder and check out the screenshots you have taken while playing games. You can access the Acess Steam Screenshots folder in two ways one by using the Steam App itself and the second by using Windows Explorer. Steam App is the easiest and quickest way to access Steam Screenshots Folder. Let’s see both ways one by one.
Access Steam Screenshots Folder by using Steam App
It is a very simple method to get Steam Screenshots Folder. Here are the steps to locate the Steam screenshots Folder via the steam app:
- Step 1: First, open the Steam app on your system and click the View tab located at the top of the Steam Application.
- Step 2: Now, choose the Screenshot option from the drop-down menu to open the screenshot manager.
- Step 3: You can upload or delete the screenshot in the screenshot manager. Some options are also available there; you can use these options according to yourself. For example, you can access screenshots through your hard drive just by selecting the ‘Show on Disk’ option.
Access Steam Screenshots Folder by Using Windows Explorer
You can also access the Steam Screenshots folder from your hard disk by using Windows Explorer. Although it is not easy as using Steam App, but you can do it with this method too. Let’s see the steps to access screenshots from this method.
- Step 1: First, open the local disk where the Steam application has been installed; it is installed in local disk C by default.
- Step 2: Open the C: Program Files (x86). Then, scroll down to locate the steam folder.
- Step 3: Now open the user data folder there and then go to user-id/folder name 760/remote.
- Step 4: Finally, search for Game ID there, and you will get all the screenshots in the screenshots directory.
Where are Steam Screenshots Saved in Windows
You can find Steam screenshots by using the steam client or by using files of your system. If you are using a steam application on Windows 8 or Windows 10, then, in that case, the Steam Screenshots will save by default on C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam.
Where are Steam Screenshots Saved in macOS
If you are using Steam Application on macOS and take Steam Screenshot during the game, you will find your saved Steam screenshots by default in Users/*USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Steam/Steam Apps/Common/Kerbal Space Program/Screenshots.
Note: The *USERNAME is the Mac username, not the Steam Username.
How to Change Default Steam Screenshots Folder
For changing the Default Steam Screenshot Folder, you need to do some changes in settings in the steam application. Here are the steps to change the default steam screenshots folder.
- Step 1: First, Open Steam Client on your system.
- Step 2: Then, you will see the “View” option at the top of the steam application; click on it.
- Step 3: Now, from the drop-down menu, locate “Settings” and click on it.
- Step 4: Once you open the settings, you will see a lot of options in the menu, including “In-Game”. Click on it.
- Step 5: Now click on the “SCREENSHOT FOLDER.” which you can see below the “Screenshot shortcut keys” drop-down menu.
- Step 6: Finally, select the location where you want steam screenshots to be saved.
So this is all about Steam Screenshots and Where are Steam Screenshots Saved in Windows & macOS. We hope you got how to take screenshots while playing and how to access them. If you find this article helpful, do share it with your friends who play the game on Steam and subscribe to abitboy.com for more guides.