Are you looking to Link Twitch to Discord? Discord and Twitch are video game streaming sites that were released in 2015 and 2011, respectively. Since then, these two sites have revolutionized the gaming industry. Discord and Twitch facilitate the streamer to host a stream and connect with its audience. Recently Discord released its Twitch integration feature that allows the streamer to connect both the streaming sites together. This feature is available on all devices from PC to Mac to Android and iOS.
This article discussed all the methods through which you can Link Twitch to Discord on any device and enjoy its services. The article also answers some of the most asked questions related to these two famous streaming sites.
Why need to Link Twitch to Discord
Discord and Twitch are the two most famous streaming sites for gamers. It allows you to connect with your followers and talk to them in real-time using voice chat. It’s like a social networking site for gamers that has all the features that a gamer would need to stream and build an audience. When these two sites come together, they can do wonders for the streamers. The Twitch or Discord exclusive audience can connect to the streamer at the same time. This streaming portability helps in using the features of the streaming sites making it more interactive. Finally, more audience means more financial benefit for the streamer.
How to Link Twitch to Discord
Linking Twitch to Discord involves simple steps that can be followed to enjoy both the streaming sites together:
- Step 1: Log in to both Discord and Twitch.
- Step 2: Then go to Discord and click on the gear icon that is beside the username.
- Step 3: Click on ‘User Settings’ and then click on ‘Connections”.
- Step 4: Then click on the Twitch logo and authorize the application. In this way, you will Link Twitch to Discord.
Steps to Link Twitch to Discord on PC or Mac
To link Twitch and Discord on PC or Mac, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open Discord and Twitch on your PC or Mac and log in to both the streaming accounts.
- Step 2: Then open Discord and click on the gear icon that is available besides the username.
- Step 3: Then click on ‘User Settings’ then click on “Connections.”
- Step 4: A popup box will appear with a list of logos.
- Step 5: Then click on the Twitch logo.
- Step 6: It’ll open on your Twitch account there, and you will have to authorize the application.
- Step 7: Discord and Twitch will be connected.
Steps to Link Twitch to Discord on Android or iOS
Twitch and Discord integration on mobile phones is as easy as linking it on your PC. Here are the steps to link Twitch and Discord:
- Step 1: Open the Discord application and swipe right or click on the hamburger icon.
- Step 2: From the menu, click on user settings and then click on “Connections.”
- Step 3: Then click on “Add” and click the Twitch icon from the list of icons.
- Step 4: It’ll take you to the Twitch application login to your Twitch account using userID and password.
- Step 5: Then complete the authorization to link Twitch to Discord.
If you want to Link Twitch Emojis to Discord then do follow the given steps:
- Step 1: After you have connected Twitch to Discord, go to “Server Settings.”
- Step 2: There, click on “Integrations,” then on Twitch, and click on “Allow Emoticons.”
There are two ways to go about it; you can use the Discord OBS Streamkit or by using a different sound capture application.
Discord OBS Streamkit method: It is one of the methods to link Discord Discord Audio to Twitch. In order to do so just follow some simple instructions which are mentioned below.
- Step 1: Download the Discord Streamkit Overlay for OBS.
- Step 2: Give access permission to the computer.
- Step 3: Then select the ‘Voice’ widget and configure it as required.
- Step 4: Copy the URL for the voice widget.
- Step 5:Open the OBS application and press the plus button and add a source.
- Step 6: Then click on Browser from the menu.
- Step 7: Then create a new one and give it a name.
- Step 8:Paste the Voice widget in the URL in the OBS URL text box in the next window.
- Step 9: Click on OK.
Sound Capture Application method: If the OBS doesn’t support sound from voice chat to Twitch, then you can use an application like Banana or Elgato’s sound Capture. You just need to set OBS to capture audio from either of the two applications. From there, OBS ell stream the Twitch audio.
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ 1: How can I disconnect Twitch and Discord?
Answer: If you link Twitch to Discord and want to disconnect these two platforms then Go to Discord and click on the gear icon. Then click on ‘User settings’ and then on connections. Then click on the ‘X’ mark on top of the Twitch icon. Twitch and Discord will be disconnected.
FAQ 2: Why I can’t link Twitch to Discord?
Answer: There can be certain technical issues that are not allowing Twitch to connect with Discord. To rectify the problem, you first need to identify the problem. Check the internet connections, then convert the wired connections to wireless or visa-versa to see if it works. Refresh the networks on your system and try restarting the router and see if the issue still persists.
FAQ 3: Which one is better for making real money from gaming Stream? Discord to Twitch.
Answer: Twitch is better than Discord to make money while streaming. Twitch allows you to add affiliate links to your stream that add your streaming income. Affiliate links are the links of a product that you as a streamer recommend on your streaming site, and whenever somebody makes a purchase using that link, the streamer gets commission for it.
So this is how you can link Twitch to Discord. We hope, now you connected Twitch and Discord together and have a new experience with these two platforms. Share your experience in the comment section and stay tuned for more guides.