Are you facing a Steam pending transaction error again and again? If yes, then go through this post where you will learn How To Fix Steam Pending Transaction Error. Steam is one of the largest and most popular sites that provide online gaming services to people worldwide. This platform was launched by Valve in 2003 and is available in many different languages. Here, you can find some of the most popular and trending games and make them a part of your gaming library. The games on Steam are available for a price that can be paid easily online.
But sometimes the transactions on Steam remain incomplete, which interrupts the entire working of Steam. In this article, we will look at the problem and understand the reasons why such problems occur on the site. Apart from this, we’ll see what all can be done to fix such an issue.
What is Steam Pending Transaction Error?
Steam is a very efficient site and caters to the needs of the players seamlessly. Millions of transactions take place on Steam every day but sometimes a few transactions remain incomplete. This error occurs when the buyer has made the purchase but hasn’t received confirmation from the website’s end. This means that the purchase you want to make hasn’t been marked complete by Steam.
Read: Steam Screenshots Saved Location in 2023 [Windows, macOS]
At the same time, you wouldn’t have received any confirmation from your payment provider about the fund debited from your account. This is a very annoying situation, as it leaves the buyer hanging in the middle and they don’t know what to do. Let’s first understand why Steam Pending Transaction Error occurs.
Reasons for Steam Pending Transaction Error
There can be many reasons behind Steam Pending Transaction error, it can be from the buyer’s end or from the website.
- If there has been an incomplete purchase in the past the website will show the Pending Transactions Error when you make a new purchase. In this case, make sure to clear the past transactions.
- Whenever there is an issue with the Steam website the Pending Transaction error might pop up. In this case, you can wait for the site to resume services or you can check the site’s status in the ways discussed below.
- Problems can also arise from the buyer’s end where the Internet Service Provider malfunctioned or the payment system the buyer is using is not accepted by Steam.
Methods to fix Steam Pending Transaction Error
After understanding the reasons why such transaction errors occur on Steam, let’s see the possible solutions to the problem. There are five ways you can fix the issue:
|Methods to fix Steam Pending Transaction Error|
|Method 1: Cancel Steam Pending Transaction Manually|
|Method 2: Check Steam Services|
|Method 3: Disable VPN|
|Method 4: Make Transaction Using Steam Website|
|Method 5: Try Out Different Payment Methods for Steam Transaction|
Related: Solved: Steam Disk Write Error In 2023 [100% Fix]
Cancel Steam Pending Transaction Manually
This is one of the first things you should try if Steam is showing a transaction error. Follow these steps to fix it:
- Step 1: Go to Steam either on its application or website.
- Step 2: Then click on Profile and fill in your Account details.
- Step 3: Click on “View Purchase History”.
- Step 4: Select the pending purchase.
- Step 5:Then click on “Cancel this transaction”.
- Step 6: A pop-up box will appear that says “This purchase is still pending. Your payment provider has not yet told us if they will charge you for this transaction. This will cancel the purchase on Steam. If you haven’t canceled this purchase with your payment provider, do so now to make sure they don’t charge you.”
- Step 6: Click on “Cancel my purchase”.
- Step 7: Repeat the process for all the pending purchases.
- Step 8: Then reload Steam and restart the process of purchase.
Check Steam Services
Sometimes Steam services experience unexpected outages, this happens because it’s a large platform and a lot of visitors come on a daily basis. The status of the website can be checked on steamstat.us which is specifically made to update Steam’s current issues and related services. Another website to check Steam Services status is issteamdown.com which gives the information if the site is down or not. But this site is not as detailed as the steamstat.us as the former shows provide information about each service.
Check: [Solved] How to Fix Steam Content File Locked in 2023
Steam users use VPN (Virtual Private Networks) to access the site without advertisements or to get certain games at a cheaper price. Steam considers the use of VPN as an abuse of the platform’s policy. If the address that you have added with your payment details is different from the location of your IP address then it can freeze the transaction. The Steam Pending Transaction Error could be due to this scenario. In this case, disabling the VPN before making a transaction can make the process seamless.
Make Transaction Using Steam Website
Using the Steam website to do the transactions is another way you can solve the Steam Pending Transaction Error. Using the Steam website to make purchases makes sure that you don’t face any internet-related issues. When you have logged into your Steam account make the same transaction as Steam Client again. If the transaction happened successfully then you can use the purchased item on Steam Client or any other PC as well.
Try Out Different Payment Methods for Steam Transaction
Sometimes the payment method you’re using may be creating problems in the overall transaction. This happens when the payment method you want to use is not supported by the Steam platform or there are problems with the payment method itself. In this case, use other methods of transactions. The payment methods accepted by Steam are Credit and Debit Cards used directly through Steam rather than a third-party payment system.
Read: Steam Not Opening [Ultimate Fix] 2023: Windows & Mac Guide
So that’s all for this guide. We hope you learn How To Fix your Steam Pending Transaction Error and that your Steam Pending Transaction Error gets solved. If you find this guide helpful then do share it with your friends and keep visiting abitboy.com for more gaming-related guides.
1 thought on “How To Fix Steam Pending Transaction Error in 2023”