Discord Screen Share No Audio has been a major issue for many Discord Users. If you are also facing the “Discord Screen Share No Audio” problem, while trying to share the screen with your teammates from discord” then stick to this guided article which provides you the solutions to fix Discord Screen Share No Audio issue.
There can be various reasons for Discord Screen share No audio problem. It creates a lot of trouble when trying to connect with your teammates over the discord platform. It may be due to outdated audio drivers in your system, or it may be due to incorrect audio settings on discord. Sometimes audio issues arise when the user shares the screen in full-screen mode. Antivirus Problems, Stream Incompatibility, Inappropriate Applications are some of the reasons for no audio issue while screen sharing on Discord.
Read: Steam Not Opening [Ultimate Fix] 2022: Windows & Mac Guide
How Do I enable audio on screen sharing discord?
Discord platforms allow users to share audio and it is one of the best features of this platform. If you are looking to enable audio on-screen sharing discord you can do it very easily and quickly. Let see how you can share audio on discord.
- Step 1: Open the Discord application on your system.
- Step 2: Go to Settings and click on it.
- Step 3: Then select “games activity tab” and click on Add it.
- Step 4: Then select the audio option.
Discord is one of the best digital platforms that allow you to connect with your teammates through video calls, audio calls, text messages, media, file sharing, etc. The screen sharing feature is the latest in the list that is added to the Discord platforms. But when discord users looking to use the Screen share feature they are facing a “Discord screen share no audio” problem frequently. So let’s have a look at the best solutions to fix the Discord Screen Share No Audio issue.
Checkout: [Solved] Nintendo Switch Dock Not Working in 2022
|Fix Discord Screen Share No Audio|
|Fix 1: Restart your Computer|
|Fix 2: Update the Discord App|
|Fix 3: Grant Administrative Access|
|Fix 4: Avoid Full Windowed Screen|
|Fix 5: Add Discord Activity|
|Fix 6: Update Audio Drivers|
|Fix 7: Reset Voice Settings On Discord|
Solution 1: Restart your Computer
Restarting of Computer is an easy and effective method to solve the screen share issue over the discord platform. A quick reboot of your system will definitely work for you as it will remove the running files and software from your system, speed up the system performance, and give a fresh start to the system that will solve Discord Screen Share No Audio.
Solution 2: Update the Discord App
Discord releases its updates from time to time in order to fix bugs on the platform. If you are not getting sound while using discord then it may be due to a bug issue. So it is highly suggested you, update the discord app and see whether the Discord Screen Share No Audio issue is solved or not. Follow the given instruction to update the app.
- Step 1: Type %localappdata% in the Run box and click ok.
- Step 2: Now double click on Discord and after double click on Update.exe.
- Step 3: Open the discord, once it is updated
Also Read: How to Rebuild Database PS4 in 2022 [Complete Guide]
Solution 3: Grant Administrative Access
The next thing you can do is to provide administrative access to the discord app, by simply running it as an administrator. This may solve screen sharing-related issues. Let’s have a look at how to grant administrative access to Diascord.
- Step 1: First open file explorer. You can open it by pressing Windows + E.
- Step 2: Search for the Discord installation location.
- Step 3: Once you find it, right-click on the Discord.exe application and select the option “Run as Administrator”.
Solution 4: Avoid Full Windowed Screen
It is generally seen that Discord Screen Share No Audio problems arise when users play games or use discord on full-screen windows. In order to avoid screen sharing audio-related issues, it is suggested to avoid full windowed screen mode.
Visit: How to Fix Uplay Login Error in 2022 [6 Tested Methods]
Solution 5: Add Discord Activity
Discord Activity detects which game you are playing and also made a record of games that you have played in the past. Sometimes what happened when you are playing games in Discord background, sound-related issues arise in discord. To solve this issue you can add discord activity by following the steps.
- Step 1: Open user setting in Discord.
- Step 2: Click on the Games option.
- Step 3: Now, Go to the Game activity tab and add discord activity.
- Step 4: Now Turn on the toggle button which is in front of Discord overlay.
Solution 6: Update Audio Drivers
Outdated audio drivers can be a prime reason for Discord Screen Share No Audio problem. In order to keep the audio card in a working mode, you must ensure that the audio drivers in your system are updated. Here is how you can update audio drives.
- Step1: Type devmgmt.msc in Run Box and enter. You will enter the Device Manager.
- Step 2: Now expand the audio input and output category and then right-click on the sound and hardware option.
- Step 3: Then select the Update driver option and restart your system.
Solution 7: Reset Voice Settings On Discord
No audio issue while screen sharing can be solved by resetting the voice setting on Discord. If Discord Screen Share No Audio problem arises due to faulty voice setting then must ensure to have correct voice setting over discord platform. Follow the steps given to reset the voice settings.
- Step 1: Open User Settings on discord.
- Step 2: Go to the setting option and search Voice & Video.
- Step 3: Select the reset voice setting and make changes in the faulty voice setting.
- Step 4: After resetting the voice setting, Click OK and exit discord.
Read: How to Fix Sony PS5 Crashing in 2022 [Things You Should Know]
Frequently Asked Question
Answer: In order to fix this issue ensure that audio settings are correct, avoid screen sharing in full window mode, Update audio drives, reinstall the app.
FAQ 2: How to stream on discord with sound?
Answer: If you want to stream on discord with sound, just enable sounds in discord user settings, and for Video calls, enable screen share to stream video on the discord platform.
FAQ 3: How to restart discord on PC?
Answer: Simply close the discord app completely on your system by using Task Manager and relaunch the discord.
So these all are the best fixes to solve the Discord Screen Share No Audio issue. We hope this works for you. Share this article with your discord members and also subscribe to our newsletter for more guides.
1 thought on “[SOLVED] How to Fix Discord Screen Share No Audio in 2022”