If you use Avast antivirus to protect your system and find that the Avast Won’t Open on PC or not working properly. Then you are in the right place as we in this article, guide you on how to Fix Avast Won’t Open On PC and also let you know the reasons behind this issue.
If you possess a laptop, computer, Android phone, or iPhone, then a thought always comes to your mind on how to protect your devices from viruses, malware, spyware, and all such things. You heard about Avast Antivirus from most of the people or must-read in the article or somewhere but it is pretty sure you just heard about it. Basically, Avast antivirus is an internet security application developed for various platforms including Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android.
Avast Antivirus is developed by Avast itself. The freeware and paid version of Avast products are available that provide various types of security including computer security and browser security. It also provides antivirus software, antiphishing, anti-spam, antispyware, firewall services. If you are unable to use Avast products and their services due to Avast Won’t Open On PC then this article will surely help you.
- 1 Reason: Avast Won’t Open On PC in 2022
- 2 How to Fix Avast Won’t Open On PC in 2022
Reason: Avast Won’t Open On PC in 2022
There can be various reasons for Avast Won’t Open On PC or not working properly on PC. The problem may be from the machine end or it might be from the software end. Avast Won’t open due to the Incompatibility factor that results in BSOD errors. Sometimes drivers may interfere with the application. Improper installation of Avast may also result in the not opening of Avast.
How to Fix Avast Won’t Open On PC in 2022
When Avast Won’t Open On PC, users do not get any kind of notification or error message. But simply the application or program fails to initiate. Further User unable to see the process in the Task manager so it becomes very difficult for the users to handle this issue and find a suitable solution for it. If you are also getting a problem to solve Avast Won’t Open On PC issue then do follow some easy fixes which are given below.
|Fix Avast Won’t Open On PC|
|Fix 1 Temporarily Disable Windows’s Real-Time Protection|
|Fix 2 Repair Avast Using The Built-In Tool|
|Fix 3 Update Driver|
|Fix 4 Reinstall Avast|
|Fix 5 Check Avast Subscription Status|
|Fix 6 Restart Avast Antivirus Service|
|Fix 7 Update Avast|
Fix 1: Temporarily Disable Windows’s Real-Time Protection
Temporarily Disable Windows’s Real-Time Protection can actually work for you to come out from Avast Won’t Open On PC problem. Some users fixed the avast not opening issue with this method. To perform this action, follow the given steps.
- Step 1: Open Windows Security Panel from the Windows search icon.
- Step 2: You will see “Virus & threat protection” click on it.
- Step 3: Now go to “Manage settings”.
- Step 4: Then Disable Real-time protection.
Fix 2: Repair Avast Using The Built-In Tool
Repair Avast Using the Built-in tool might solve Avast’s not opening issue. It is a very simple but very effective method. if you have no idea how to repair avast then do follow the steps given below.
- Step 1: Open the Avast application on your system.
- Step 2: Go to the menu and click on the setting option where you have to select the General option.
- Step 3: Now Click on Troubleshooting and then Repair App.
- Step 4: Once the process is complete, restart your system.
Fix 3: Update Driver
Updating Drivers of your system can work for you to solve Avast not opening problem. Let see how to update drivers;
- Step 1: Go to device manager by searching device manager in the search box.
- Step 2: Then select category, and right-click on the one which you like to update
- Step 3: Now select “Search automatically for updated driver software”
- Step 4: Then Select Update driver.
Fix 4: Reinstall Avast
Clean installing of Avast software can fix Avast Won’t Open On PC. If all the methods didn’t work for you then must perform a clean installation of Avast software. Further reinstallation of Avast removes cache files or the registry entries that might have been corrupted.
Fix 5: Check Avast Subscription Status
If you are using Avast premium service and if now unable to open Avast on your PC then you must check your Avast subscription status. If your Avast subscription is expired then renew as soon as possible to enjoy the services of Avast products.
Fix 6: Restart Avast Antivirus Service
If Avast is not opening in your system, then it might be due to Avast Antivirus service which is preventing avast to work properly. You can restart the avast antivirus service to solve this issue by following the steps given below:
- Step 1: Type services.msc in the Run dialog box and enter.
- Step 2: Now search for Avast Antivirus service, right-click on it and then select properties.
- Step 3: Now check service status to see if it is started and select the ‘stop’ option.’
- Step 4: Then set automatic in startup type option.
- Step 5: Finally select the Start option to restart the avast service.
Fix 7: Update Avast
The next thing you can perform to solve the “Avast not opening” problem is to update the Avast application. The Avast updates are automatically downloaded as well as updated. You can update Avast manually by right click on the Avast app icon on PC and selecting Update Program. It will automatically check for updates.
So these are some best ways to solve Avast Won’t Open On PC issue. We hope you fixed the “avast not opening” problem with these methods. Share this article with your knows and do subscribe to our newsletter for more guides.